| Plaster of Paris | One Coat | One Coat Elite | Stucco | Gypsum Board |
Plaster of Paris
Uttam Gypsum Plaster of Paris are suitable for application on most internal backgrounds. It consists of gypsum hemihydrates formulated with special additives to enhance workin & setting characteristics.
It contains light weight aggregates to improve plasters workability, coverage, appliction & post usage behavious.
It dries to provide a white, smooth matt finish surface.
|Features of Uttam Gypsum :-
- Directly applied , Single coat application
- Free of cracks
- Zero maintainance
- Compatible with all types of paint
- Available in OLD HDPE bags packing*
Chemical composition of PLASTER OF PARIS:-
Coarce particle on 100 mesh
Purity as CaSO4:
White Fine Powder
Max 0.1 %
Application methodology : Surface Preparation
- The background to be plastered should be thoroughly brushed with a broom to be free of all particles & background dust and clean traces of mould oil.
- In case of hacking, provide 50 hacks (should be minimum 10-15mm).
- It is recommended to pre wet th surface so as to achieve more spread and higher coverage.
- Mix one coat elite plaster to water, use a mixing rod for thorough mixing and avoid lumps and unmixed residues.
- Water to plaster ratio (1 part water : 2 parts of plaster) should be maintained to have a good cohensive workable mix.
- Mix one coat elite plaster as much as required depending upon the immediate scoop of work, partially unused material to be kept well secured in dry place.
- Once the mix has began to set, additional water should be added, as performance properties of one coat elite plaster will get altered, thus affecting workability, cohensive, adhesion and strength.
- Avoid using a wet brush on the finished surface as that would leave permanant brush marks and thus spoil the surface.
- A single coat should not exceed 13mm in thickness. If at all thickness more than 3mm is required, plaster should be applied in multiple coats.
- After complete drying (usually takes 72 hrs depending on the thickness & weather conditions), the plain smooth levelled surfce is ready for painting.